Another fault. airbag this time...

Jonion

Reaction score
So I actually managed to get it to drive 150 miles..

Now we have anairbag light and fault code is 01221 44-00
driver side side airbag sensor short .

'Looking for clues' is the song title for today.
I'm guessing it may be under the seat ?
Ideas of easy way to get to it & likely problem?

Cheers.

usually the cause is the little joint under the seat, but that would normally give a "high resistance" code rather than "short"?

Cable isn't trapped, plugs/joints are clean and dry.

When the code is cleared with Vagcom it comes back on after a few seconds so at least it's not intermittent.
Car is down in Londinium for a whiel now so I can't do anything until i'm back down there.
It's doing stand-in duty after some bint ripped the front bumper off the BMW in her rush to leave a carpark

i had a same problem with mine joints look clean however i just nipped the connector a bit so its a tighter connection... warning light has never came back

you need to tweak the connector in the female side of the little yellow plug so they grab the little spade terminals in the male half of the plug. i do this quite often at work, it seems to work!

Just had the same light pop up on my dash. will try tweaking the terminals. cheers guys.

Well got back to this car today...
unplugged yellow connector again, plugged it back in.
Cleared codes. And not come back so far, even got to drive it a bit.
TBH I think this car cures it's own problems after a while as nothing you do actually has much effect at the time.
Maybe it's just going through all the usual faults one by one :)

Going to look at the soaking wet carpet next I suppose. :crying:

Although after driving a brand new Poxhall Insignia all this week I now actually understand that the Audi is so much better in almost every way . :idea:

Last edited:
I just noticed my carpet is soaking in the rear footwell behind the drivers seat and no where else...guess theres a hole in the floorpan :(