any ideas?

Daboyracer

Speed Freak
Reaction score
hi all still haven't found a manual yet so thought i'd ask..... tried to adjust the time on my clock tonight and 1st attempt by pushing the stick next to it went through all fault symbols?? that was with ignition on, off it showed me 220mph?? what do these mean and how do i change me clock oh and lastly how much do audi charge for a manual cheers all.

Im pretty sure you have to pull the stick towards you and that will change the time.

Hi there

whay you need to do is pull that button toward you and the clock will adjust.

cheers for the replys but what do the he other two mean?

Do you mean when you push it? Thats the test function, that cycles through all th warnings.

Not sure how much manuals are from audi direct but there are a few on E-bay for 15-20 odd quid

that answers the 1st but when i hold it in with ignition off it shows 220mph was curious what this ment

Do you mean when you push it? Thats the test function, that cycles through all th warnings.

Not sure how much manuals are from audi direct but there are a few on E-bay for 15-20 odd quid

only ones i can find are the elsawin but dont need that at the moment

Not sure how to put links up yet but I searched audi a4 b5 manual and a couple come up.

cool just had to tweak what i was searchin for :D still wanna find out what this 220mph means though

The 220mph symbol you are getting up sounds like the speed warning to me. This can be set to anything you want and if you do 5mph more than the set limit it flashes up and gives you a beep too. Err, try doing 225mph and see if it beeps at you lol

would like to think top speed but with all the cops on the road wouldn't like to find out ;)

Yeah me too, I'm off to the car park now to see if mine does it.

I'll bring my manual back, see what it says in there.

The 220mph symbol you are getting up sounds like the speed warning to me. This can be set to anything you want and if you do 5mph more than the set limit it flashes up and gives you a beep too. Err, try doing 225mph and see if it beeps at you lol
so how would i set this limit..... it would be nice if i could reach that lol

Yeah it like NineNails say the speed limit warning, mine wasn't set just the icon.

I'll just check through the manual now, I'll post up how to set it in a bit

Ok there are two warnings you can set

"Press the test button briefly when the desired speed is indicated on the speedometer. The speed warning symbol lights up when the button is released to confirm that the selected speed has been stored."
To clear the speed limit- "Press the test button for at least 1 second when the car is moving above 5 km/h. the display will show the warning symbol crossed through to confirm that the speed limit has been cleared.

the speed limit will be cleared automatically when the ignition is switched off."

Ok there are two warnings you can set

"Press the test button briefly when the desired speed is indicated on the speedometer. The speed warning symbol lights up when the button is released to confirm that the selected speed has been stored."
To clear the speed limit- "Press the test button for at least 1 second when the car is moving above 5 km/h. the display will show the warning symbol crossed through to confirm that the speed limit has been cleared.

the speed limit will be cleared automatically when the ignition is switched off."

now i'm confused does this mean that mine has reached 220 to be set or am i missin summin
you also said it would clear after the ignition is turned off but mine doesn't

2nd one is the permanent one

"press the test button briefly with the ignition switched off. the mileage display will light up.
press the test buttonagain and hold for at least 2 seconds. the speed limit currently set appears in the display. To change the speed limit, press the top or bottom of the function selector switch for the on board computer (end of wiper stalk) the speed limit will then increase or decrease by 10 mph at a time."

Just tried to reply, not sure if it went through!
No drama if you pm me your email address I'll send it over, only you may have to wait till monday as im on nights this week and the scaners at home!

did recieve it, i work shifts so i know how it is just when you get time mate no rush

it sounds like the speed limiter warning alright! you would probably set it to 30 if you do a lot of town driving etc. dont want caught with the old gatso eh?? ... plus maybe the previous owner didnt know how to cancel it but managed to set it sky high knowing that the speed couldnt be reached!? ... if you set it quite low, it does do your bloomin head in!!! lol