Heater/air con problem help/advice needed !!

Bradderz_1988

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!
Reaction score
Basically when I switch the fan on no matter what speed it seems to stay at slowest speed could this be the fan or resistor as I no when resistors go they tend to only work on full speed and seems to have a droaning type noise also when it's switched on with air con off it seems as tho it cuts in cause engine revs bounce as though the pump puts load on engine is this normal on these ???

Could be the brushes in the blower, you can get an OEM Valeo replacement for about £50. Best to check the voltage at the connection to the blower. If it's rising and falling with fan speed on the CC then the blower is shot, if it's not doing anything then it could be the regulator.
AUDI A4 VW PASSAT HEATER BLOWER / FAN MOTOR (932VG0081) on eBay (end time 12-Nov-10 11:13:48 GMT)

Or if you're handy with electrics you can just buy replacement brushes.
AUDI A4 Replacement Heater Blower Motor Carbon Brushes on eBay (end time 04-Nov-10 19:15:51 GMT)

Is the fan easy to get to or is it half a dash out job ?? I've noticed that if the heater is left on cold the windscreen is badly condensated but doesn't occur when it left on hot over night ?? And where is the pollen filter located ?? Looks like am guna have to put my **** in gear and stay at work a few hours and get the multimeter out :)

Blower is dead easy (makes a change for Audi). Just remove the glovebox and it's directly behind it. You have to remove a metal bracket to give you room to remove it, but it literally is a 15 minute job.
The pollen filter is under the wiper scuttle on the far passenger side underneath the windscreen. You just have to unclip the drip tray and it's underneath.

Got chance to strip it down today had voltage supply and resistor doing it's job so blower is shot had no continuity through unit just going to get replacement may do the brushes in near future and sell it on eBay and get a few pennies for it, cheers for info andymac !!