got bored with the black console

mad cornish pastie

Audi novice handle with care
Reaction score
so i did this, i was going to carbon wrap it but i had ran out, so titanium it was to be....:eyebrows:

DSC00823.jpg

Hey, that's really nice. Has it turned out a good match to the brushed ally dash & door trims?. What paint did you use? Top job pal

i take it thats a facelift motor mate? looks ****** fabulous!

Is it stick on vinyl then?

Hey, that's really nice. Has it turned out a good match to the brushed ally dash & door trims?. What paint did you use? Top job pal
no it's a totaly different color i might even do the rest of the trim,as it brightens up the interior,but not to much
i take it thats a facelift motor mate? looks ****** fabulous!

Is it stick on vinyl then?
no this is sprayed, but the carbon fibre stuff i use is stick on 3m carbon firbre vinyl, stuff and looks great.here some examples i have done on vectras...
carbonset.jpg

DSC00402.jpg

Do you have a link to where you get the vinyl from, is it difficult to apply? Looks like it does a nice job!

You can get the 3M Di-Noc carbon from many places but when I did my CC this is the cheapest place i managed to find on the web.....Carbon Fibre Vinyl by Underground Graphics, your source for 3M Di-Noc Carbon Fibre Vinyl - vinyl stickers and decals | Underground Graphics UK

Mine was a pre-facelift centre console but got fed up with the old school look of it, and not wanting to do a full facelift conversion I did this instead....

DI-NOCCEDCENTREFACIA-1.jpg

Then I decided the HU adapters needed doing too (actually Aragorns suggestion).......

DI-NOCCEDHUADAPTERS.jpg

I was going to go di-noc mental and do loads of other bits, but I sacked it and ended up just doing the rear quarter window inserts on the avant as well. Its VERY easy to apply and you would have to be Forest Gump to mess it up.

as above, i used to get mine from underground graphics, as they were the cheapest but i have shoppped around and can get it cheaper, it all depends on quantity.
and yeah it is easy enough on most surfaces but multi convex or concave areas can be a bit tricky...

I found that heating the the stuff up with a heat gun/hairdryer and you can get it into just about anywhere with little to no hassle.

it's a dvd player, single din, but a bit over sized on the front if you know what i mean

Ah, right. Cheers, was just curious and a nosey b*$tard at times.

I have a JVC single din dvd unit, fits in position but the downside is the screens smaller slightly.

Ah, right. Cheers, was just curious and a nosey b*$tard at times.

I have a JVC single din dvd unit, fits in position but the downside is the screens smaller slightly.

i did originaly had a jvc dvd unit in (my vectra) untill it went wrong and couldn't afford another so i went for this one, it's cheap but does the job and more if needed....

i did originaly had a jvc dvd unit in (my vectra) untill it went wrong and couldn't afford another so i went for this one, it's cheap but does the job and more if needed....

Cool, know wot u mean mate, they arent cheap. Used to look at the cheapo stuff on Ebay and thought they were crap years ago but as of late the stuff is starting to look much better designed/built. Does yours have TV aswell as standard???

Cool, know wot u mean mate, they arent cheap. Used to look at the cheapo stuff on Ebay and thought they were crap years ago but as of late the stuff is starting to look much better designed/built. Does yours have TV aswell as standard???

yeah tv tuner, satnav (but needs the gps bit) and can plug in revering camera,+ other stuff, it's also bluetooth and has usb input
i think it cost about £70/£80 a couple of years ago but it's still going strong....

Hello Giles yes still alive! Not much time to post out here in Somalia (work). What are you driving these days mate, as I remember reading a while ago that you sold your b5 after you saw a set of wheels you loved and sold it to finance them. Then of course you remembered that you hadn't a car to put them on anymore.....:laugh: