Will my FWD parts fit 4WD (k04 etc)?

PARKER

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a year 2000 1.8t with k04-15, high flow manifold, full exhaust with high flow cat etc. The engine is stuffed and the gearbox has always been rubbish so it might be time to change to a new car.I fancy going up to a quattro s line(B6) but it would depend on how much of my stuff would fit. I guess the samco intake, forge valve and FMIC would go straight on but i see some turbos and manifolds advertised as FWD or Quattro. Does any one know what fits?
Thanks.

Don't think the turbo and manifold would fit as the engine mount different ways, transverse and longditudual

All a4 are longdtudinal so turbo should fit fine. B6 turbos fit onto b5s fine anyway.

ok, thanks. Its just that the eliminator kits on ebay are either fwd or quattro so i thought maybe the downpipe from the turbo comes out differently for something to do with the 4wd.

ah,ok thanks, so i'm halfway to having the right bits to go on!

yep, all the engine related bits are more or less direct fit, from turbo back is where it changes on the quattro.

If you are talking about a A4 1.8t FWD parts fitting onto the B6 1.8t quattro, then the answer is yes they will fit both B5 and B6 A4.