apr chip

rossparkman

Reaction score
hi guys, i am thinking about chipping my 1.8t but do a lot of miles. what sort of impact will a chip have on my mpg?

i have a feeling that no matter what the answer the temptation of 200+ bhp will be too much to resist! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

It gives you the potential to use more fuel but to be honest when I just had a chip on my car it actually did more MPG. Can't vouch for APR but would assume the same would go for them.

Greg

Gregs spot on.
It is how you drive it, mine is great with the fuel when driving normally then when i put my foot down it soon drops.

I have the apr chip, very smooth, never used other chips so i dont have much to compare to. I recommend getting it as you get more out of your engine. Gas wise, you would use more of it I know for sure, but not that much more...but like what GregC and Markey said, "it all depends on how you drive."

I use more gas at times because I tend to push the accelerator a whole lot more. If you are worried about the mileage if you are a commuter, then try getting the apr chip switch. It allows you to switch from different modes (race/performance/stock) for your ecu. I have 2 settings (performance/stock). But I always keep it in performance mode...hope that helps! Goodluck, hope to hear the results if you do chip it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

i would like the option for the switch but it's an extra £200 to add on to my car as i do not have the cruise stalk.

i think that this is a definite mod for the car in the new year once xmas is over and everything settles down again.

K212, did you get any grief after chipping the engine? do you know what APR support is like?