Whats A Facelift TDi worth in bits?

tonya4

TDi Powerrrr
Reaction score
as above,am thinking of breaking my 2001 tdi avant,due to piston rings failing,and wondered what prices parts fetch?
Am looking at another A4 this week,so not leaving!!
thanks
tony

depends on your space and tolernace for gutting cars! I made a £300 Mk2 Golf 8v GTi cough up £2500 before I laid it to rest 2 years later!. switches, windows, sunroof mechanisms, wiring looms, all the usual big mechanical bits, interior trim, exterior trim, nuts bolts screws etc etc....all cost money.

if the engine is shagged then there goes the best chunk. if that is all that is wrong and you are willing to have a broken car on your drive/in your garage then why not chip away at it and fix it yourself? you could do it for a couple of hundred quid in tools/parts, begged borrowed or re-appropriated

I looked into fixing it,but I guess it will cost nearer £1000 with belts etc,and tbh I can find another car for that.I have got room to keep the car and break it,which is what I think i will do.Just wanted to see what sort of money I can get back.

tony

I'm in Devon,the car is ebony black.condition wise its ok,only a few small dings but all panels are straight.

tony

might be interested in a few parts mate. holla when you decide to break.

update,just bought a w reg a4 tdi saloon so my avant looks like it will be broke.

tony