TIP Replacement

NineNails

Proud sponsor of the snack food industry
Reaction score
Afternoon all
I need a new TIP as the original has a split around the hose clamp area (bodged together for now) I'd rather get an upgraded pipe for future possibilities + the original design looks crap anyway.... Can someone give me any links for where to get one from coz I cant find anything. 1.8t AJL
Many thanks
Si.

You wont find an AJL direct fit, you will end up with the AEB one with the DV mounted in a slightly different place. AB88 do them IIRC

Byzan A4 said:
you will end up with the AEB one with the DV mounted in a slightly different place
What do you mean exactly? fella. I don't want too much arsing about. Is there much involved by using the AEB one? I've emailed the seller in the above link and he says it will fit fine. :shrug:
Cheers.

Just as an update:
Got the pipe from the ebay seller above and fitted it. The pipe was good quality in itself but it was slightly too short by about half an inch and suspect would be the same on an AEB too. No biggie though, I fitted turbo end first then took out the bolt holding the airbox and slid the box forward a bit so I could clamp the hose on, then pushed the box back and secured again. Happy days ;-)

Made any difference that you can notice straight away?

I don't really know because replaced the knackered dv at the same time. I know the dv will have made a big difference just on it's own though. Engine seems more free revving now, I doubt that has much to do with the pipe but I guess every little helps don't it
Cheers for your help Jase
Si.

That DV will have made a huge difference now
Ooh yes, it has!
I'm not really too clued up on turbo motors and am still getting my head round the plumming. I've realised that such a simple plastic valve has a huge part to play in this system.
Si.

From what i`ve read the turbo spooling sound should be louder with silicon tips. Was it enlarged compared to the standard one? The more expensive ones say they are, the cheaper ones look it just dont say they are.

Yeah the bore of the pipe is noticeably larger than the Audi one and a smoother path too. If anything, the turbo is quieter than before.
Si.