Rear Wash Wipe

aragorn

"Stick a V8 in it!"
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
So winters approaching, and i've noticed our rear washer doesnt spray. The pump whirrs as you'd expect, but nowt comes out the back.

I've refrained from using it, as i suspect its probably one of the stupid connectors has popped apart and is emptying screenwash into the footwell somewhere.

Can anyone tell me where all the connections/joints are, so i can check them all before trying again?

Mine popped off under the glovebox (side nearest the door) and ruined my carpet. Thats its weakest point. Then theres obvo the connection at the wiper/motor itself. IMO just remove the ****** thing. NEVER used mine even when it was tip top. A generous coating of rain-x will see away the dirt and most of the frost. Looks miles better removed too!

theres one connection in passenger footwell, roughly between corner trim and lower part of glovebox
also one in boot up near petrol flap locking rod, both off those came apart at some point in my avant

Sound i'll try and check them tomorrow.

Old avant had the rear washer bottle in the boot beside the central locking pump, so no silly pipes to break. Progress eh?

Sorted. BOTH of them were off.

Checked the boot one first, and it was off so i thaught excellent nice and easy. Reattached it, then tried it, still nowt. Looked over at the passenger footwell and saw screenwash pouring out from under the trim.

Glovebox and trim off and reattached that one and now its working nicely :)

The connectors are awful, dont seem to push together with any great confidence. I'm wondering if they pop apart when the wiper nozzle freezes, and the pressure builds up in the pipe?

I want to get a VW Golf arm and blade, so i'll pop over to the VW dealer later today and see how much they are.