Tech info needed fitting forge splitter on my 1.8TQS ??

Bradderz_1988

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!
Reaction score
Have heard that when installing this bov you have to install the opposite way to the oem recirc valve ie bottom of split r to recirc and recirc to turbo pipe is this correct and how do I set the valve to suit my engine its completely factory at the mo running at 180bhp wel it was when it came of the line proberbly lost a few horses now as it's nearly 12 year old :w00t:

What kind of tech info do you want?

My opinion is don't.

The engine management doesn't like the things and even if you did fit it, i can guarantee you would be dissapointed with the quacking sound

What kind of tech info do you want?

My opinion is don't.

The engine management doesn't like the things and even if you did fit it, i can guarantee you would be dissapointed with the quacking sound

I would just like to no the best/correct way to fit the splitter ?? Do I just take off the oem Bosch recirc and put the forge valve in it's place ??

I reversed it on my A4. Made more sense to me for the operation of the recirc valve
I think I got the jist of how it works f***ing VAG setup is baffling my head not used to these and also first turbo car I've had lol guna replace oem valve with plastic elbow then the simlar looking thing on intake is guna be removed and fit split r there coz it made more sense in the end for some strange reason maybe it was just me lol why not just be suited for t-piece and normal blow off instead of recirc valve, oh well hope I get it fitted some time soon off road at mo tax has ran out and me v5 ain't come and no new keeper slip so in the parents shogun sport till it arrives god it feels slow lol

Its done like that because the engine management system cannot cope with a blow off valve. Why would they design it to do something its not supposed to do?

The MAF sensor measures the quantity of air thats entering the turbo, and uses that value to calculate how much fuel to inject. When you fit a BOV, including your splitter, every time it dumps a quantity of air thats already been measured by the MAF sensor gets dumped and never reaches the engine. The problem is the engine management system has no way of knowing this air is no longer present, and injects the fuel anyway.

This has the result that every time the valve dumps (ie a gearchange or lifting off etc) you get a momentary rich mixture, which causes flat spots, stalling and generally crappy running. It can also affect the fuel trims which control the overall engines fuelling, as the ECU will try to compensate for the richness by backing off the fuelling.

Simply fitting a cone filter with the OEM valve will give you a bit of a dump noise, but at the same time will keep the ECU perfectly happy.

worth being careful with fitting a cone filter.
i did and left it too close to the turbo and it melted the gauze.

Bigger issue with cone filters is the oil on them contaminating the MAF wire causing problems. I put up with it but clean the MAF sensor every couple of months to keep it running right