2.5tdi quattro suspension info required please

willieigs

Reaction score
does the 2.5 tdi quattro b5 saloon with sport rear shocks are they the same one on are 2.7 rs b5 avant
as looking for some secondhand ones

The rs4 will fit nicely but it will be stiffer...the rear will be higher though.

THANKS LADS SHOCK WILL HAVE WAIT FOR TIME BEING AS CAR WENT FOR MOT AND WHEN I PICK IT UP THE BATTERIE CHARGING LIGHT WAS ON NOT SHURE IF IT THE ALTERNATOR OR THE BELT , THE BELT WAS REPLACED ABOUT 40000 AGO WHEN TIME BELT WAS DONE .WHERE THE ALTERNATTOR IS LOOKS VERY TIGHT DOWN THERE AND CANNOT SEE THE BELT YET AS IT MUST BE WITH IN THE TIMIEING COVER HAS ANY ONE REPLACE THE ALTERNATTOR IF SO DO YOU REQUIRE TO REMOVE THE BUMPER AND SLACKEN OF THE FRONT END AND JACK FORWARD TO GIVE YOU MORE CLEARANCE TO REMOVE THE ALTERNATTOR.. DO YOU THINK THE PERSON DOING THE MOT HAD BEEN BIG FEET GIVING PLENTY OF WELLY AND THE BELT GOSE

The alternator belt is not inside the timing cover, its external, and also drives the PAS, and possibly the AC compressor too.

If the PAS is still working, the belt is fine.

The engine has to be revved to the governor as part of the MOT test, but that shouldnt really affect anything.

The bumper needs to come off for the alternator and the lock carrier needs pulling forward in order to access the bolts wich holds it on the block. Not a really difficult job but time consuming...allow 2-3 hours for removal and refitting. Check all the aux. pulleys for noise and play while you there...

thanks lads for your time will check tomorrow when the wife pick and came she never said the steering was heavy
will check tomorrow if its i recon i will be cheaper getting another car perhaps one on ebay as my engine is a 1 and just strip the out guts and side it on to another car