ready to order springs

205man

Reaction score
right after being flat out with work and travellin round ive not had chance to sort my new springs out, but now im going to be back working from home for few weeks ill ahve the time.

i was looking at getting some spax ssx spring, mainly because a mate can get them at 1/4 the price for some reason lol, so must be worth trying

SPAX

and least these are for listed 6 cylinder, although on other sites they list them for avant but they list them here guess for either.

any experiecnce of using these anyone?

They arent bad. I fitted some on my girlfriends Civic. They improved the handling quite a bit but they`re quite bouncy. Not as much as others i`ve experienced but not the smoothest either. To be honest if you can get them that cheap it`d be silly not to. Could be completely different on yours but if they`re cheap enough i`d live with a bit of bounce lol. Spax usually drop more than they say too so you`d be looking more of a 40/45mm drop going by the Civic. One of my friends fitted them on his old car, they were 40mm springs and dropped it more like 60mm

bounciness is usually caused by the shocks not being up to the job of controlling the stiffer spring.

Personally i dont like spax, i've used them before and found them far too stiff. That said it might be different on an A4.