Breather pipes on 1.8t

NineNails

Proud sponsor of the snack food industry
Reaction score
Evenin
I've been searching on topics to do with breather pipes but cant really find anything specific to the AJL engine.
All I want to know really is if there any breather pipes that are prone to blocking up with crap and be taken off and benefit from a clean out? I know Audi 'long life service' can be a killer so want to give it all a proper going over as I've not had it long.
Whilst I was searching I read a bit about the PCV system being deletable. Is this viable, desirable, and do-able?
Thanks for any help once again. All I ever seem to do here is ask questions lol
Si.

Whilst I was searching I read a bit about the PCV system being deletable. Is this viable, desirable, and do-able?

Si.
all of the above. check out the SAI, PCV delete thread on Vortex. pretty much the same and cleans up everything

AJL doesnt really have anything thats deleteable?

You've only really got the main breather pipe that runs round the block and into the TIP/inlet, and you dont really want to vent that to atmo or your car will stink of oilymank whenever your stationary. Our old car had a broken Z pipe (the bit that attaches to the crank case under the inlet) and it used to smell pretty bad when in traffic queues and sat at lights etc.