Machine T-Cut...

ScottyP45

Reaction score
Had a bash at cutting the paint with black t-cut....using a DA polisher, orbital type. See before pic, just before I painted the wheels, and the second one after cutting. Both similar light, both just washed beforehand...2 hours labour but the polisher is a tool!

Photo-00059.jpg

Photo-0002-1.jpg

Notice much difference?

sure is! Gotta get it deeper tho, must order my poorboys blackhole glaze tomorrow lol

Which rotary are you using? Is this your first time or you done that before?

Looks good mate, especially for T-Cut. Did it not leave lots of swirls, as T-Cut is quite abbrasive?

ha ha impresive but dont be going on any detailing forums mentioning t-cut

Which rotary are you using? Is this your first time or you done that before?

Looks good mate, especially for T-Cut. Did it not leave lots of swirls, as T-Cut is quite abbrasive?

Its the first time using a machine mate, bought a 550w DA orbital, 10" head and mops. Autozone brand, was £30, very good so far. The T-Cut was the black one, it filled the existing swirls & scratches and smoothed the paint, even on the metallic finish (mine isnt flat black even tho it looks it in the pics) - its not abrasive to that extent and the DA doesnt apply pressure or spin, it orbits and if you press harder it slows down the motion like its supposed to - giving constant force at the head.

ha ha impresive but dont be going on any detailing forums mentioning t-cut

Lol if you need to polish out scratches and swirls, coloured tcut will fill and polish them for good, the coloured wax types of polish come off when its washed a few times but tcut works its own colour into the scratches and they disappear nicely. Some banana has resprayed the drivers wing on mine, same colour but the metallic sits different and it was orange-peely so had to be done, but less polishing was required on the rest. Looks more even now but may still swap the wings for 2 same coloured original painted ones. Metallic is hard to match and it was no painter that did my wing by the look of it :laugh:

It has no ammonia in it (the new tcut) like it used to...

Last edited by a moderator: