Breaking cars

cerips

Reaction score
I've been offered a 1.8T car to break, any ideas what engines, gearboxes, leather interiors etc generally go for so I can work out if it's worth doing?

Cheers

Ceri

I'm hoping to get £1,4k in total after I've sold the last few parts of my '96 1.8T... and I wasn't even being liberal with it. Most of the interior and body panels went with the car to the scrappy. If I'd literally stripped it to a bare shell, I think I would have got a lot more.

I think you'd get more money breaking than selling whole

what year is the 1.8T?

If it's any good it'll be finding a good home in my car.

It's on a P reg.

thats the way i do it, every car ive broken had parts i wanted or needed, so i end getting the parts for free plus making a bit of cash
how much you can make depends on condition, spec and age, facelifts are the easiest, bought one for £360 sold c/l pump, steering wheel, headlights and alloys within a few days and got £400 back

also if using ebay do your research, i always make sure my item is the cheapest 'buy it now' as i'd rather have a quick sale than hang on for the best price and end up relisting several times

voteforpedro, 1400 for a 96 is very good! ive got one at the moment and i expect to make about 900 including weighing in shell (kept alloys and bumper for my own car)
how close to that figure are you now?