Facelift dash single to double DIN climate control question

voteforpedro

Reaction score
I bought a new Audi Symphony for the bargain price of £30 which I hope to retrofit. Didn't realise though that the A/C control for the double DIN centre consoles is hella expensive (saw a used one go for £110 with shed loads of bids... must be rare?).

Looks like the only difference really though is the fascia (and potentially the mounting points). Anybody know if the fascia can be bought separately and just swapped over?

facia for the HVAC?

If so, it's not available seperatly. Also the cage, the console itself, the HVAC , the ashtray,gearstick surround and the facia are all different sadly.

The HVAC can be filed down and moved to a lower mounting point if you remove the ashtray

facia for the HVAC?

If so, it's not available seperatly. Also the cage, the console itself, the HVAC , the ashtray,gearstick surround and the facia are all different sadly.

The HVAC can be filed down and moved to a lower mounting point if you remove the ashtray

Yeah, I have a list of parts I need and I'm hoping I can grab the trim bits, radio cage and ashtray from a breaker for cheap.

Filing it down is tempting... have you seen this done? Got a link?

the DD console is rare as hens teeth mate everything down from the switches will need to be changed cage, ashtray and console ofcourse and the plate that surrounds the gear lever although it can be cut down