1.8 t sport value

stoop44rio

Reaction score
im wondering what value would you all put on a '00 (w reg) a4 1.8 turbo sport? average condition, miles etc. just had mine wrote off and waiting to see what the insurers offer. i was thinking around £1500-1800 mark?

i paid £1900 for a W reg 1.8T Quattro Sport, which are generally more saught after than the FWD versions.

Perhaps 1500?

search the web for similar age condition ones for sale and present that to the insurers.
I wrote off a Rover 220 coupe, they wanted to give me £700. managed to get £1700 out of them as I proved beyond doubt that a replacement car (which is what they are paying you for) was significantly higher than the Glass/Thompsons book price.

I sold my W plate Sport a few months back for £3250...!

I paid £1900 for a '98 1.8T in excellent condition with 80k on the clock ~3 weeks ago. I think I got a good deal so I would hold out for at least 2k depending on mileage. You'd struggle to replace it for less than 2.5k probably.

I would search autotrader & pistonheads for the same year and model car, add up the prices of all the ones you find, and divide by the number of cars there were to obtain a true average of the asking price, then base your valuation on that mate.

weell, i got £1550 for the car minus £100 for the salvage. im happy with that as i paid £1600 for the car about a year and a half ago. i'll be breaking the car probably after christmas.

Sounds pretty fair really then.
:ninja: Soo, the interior speaker trims - grey? :laugh:

Assuming I get top price for all the stuff I just listed on eBay, I'm set to get £1400 for mine... which I sold in bits. :p

:) wow you done really well.. you sold it through PH?

Yeah... sold it through PH. I always sell my cars on there. A decent set of pictures sells the car for you.

The last 3 cars I've sold I've had payment sent through before they've even seen the car in the metal. Madness!