ABS pump faulty?????????

floyd 1.8 turbo

Mirror, Signal, Outmanoeuvre
Reaction score
Hi gang, Got a problem with the old faithful. When approching traffic lights for instance, just before i'm about to stop, only braking very lightly the ABS kicks in and makes a funny noise. This only happens under light braking or creeping along in traffic, also the ABS light comes on when ever it feels like it.
Any ideas what this could be?

Thanks

More likely one of the wheel sensors are not reading propperly hence the vibration. Did you have any work on suspenssion components or have replaced any cv joints lately or done work wich involved heavy hammering wich could have dislodged rust and stick onto the abs sensors ?

No suspension work yet, only thing i had done while the re-spray was going on was new rear discs. Could that be the problem?

rear disks have ABS rings on them, did you transfer them over from the old disks?

If so, you've maybe damaged them, or they're just rusty and ****?

Errrr pass. My cousin done them for me, would it not have happened straight away though? The cars been back on the road for about 3 weeks now and this problem only popped up last wednesday

may not show faults on vagcom on early systems. can you put up actual values while driving the car on vagcom?
check all wheels register the wheel turning sub 5mph. any differenciation, ie one is different?
the gap between the sensor and the sensor ring is out somewhere. ive seen it lots of times.