Facelift avant immobiliser problems

cerips

Reaction score
I've started having problems with the keyfob on the avant, the first time I go to the car and try and unlock it using the keyfob nothing happens. I then unlock it with the key, put the key in the ignition to stop the alarm going off and the whole car unlocks. Once I've finished the keyfob will lock the car and it normally works fine for the rest of the day, but the same problem returns if the car is sat for a few hours
I've changed the batteries in the keyfob and that's made no difference.

Is my keyfob on the way out? I take it only Audi can supply and code a new keyfob for £££££ :(

what happens if you just unlock it with the key streight off?

The door lock has a microswitch which should disable the alarm, and open the rest of the doors? If it doesnt do that then the microswitch is busted and needs replaced.

Perhaps theres two seperate issues here, one the remote playing up, and the other being the drivers door lock switch being faulty.

The remote and the key are seperate, you can get a matching remote and code it up yourself, but you need two keys.

Sounds like the door lock microswitch is knackered as it'll only unlock the drivers door with the key and the alarm will go off if you don't put the key in the ignition. Once you put the key in the ignition the rest of the car unlocks.

I've been busy swapping over to xenon headlights this morning and the keyfob has worked flawlessly since I put the new batteries in this morning, will have to wait and see if the new batteries have fixed it.

So it sounds like two seperate issues then.

I'd say try unlocking it from the passenger door, but that only works on PFL's :p

Its probably worthwhile getting yourself another key anyway, one key isnt a good idea.

Looks like it was just the batteries in the fob as since I've changed them it's been fine.

your cars behaving as it should
using the key in drivers lock on a facelift will not pop the rest of the locks and the alarm will go off if you dont turn ign on straight away (then rest of doors should unlock)

all facelifts are remote c/l so key lock is just in case it fails

have you been pressing fob buttons when car is out of range? as that will disable fob untill you re sync by pressing fob then starting car which you did anyway

have you been pressing fob buttons when car is out of range? as that will disable fob untill you re sync by pressing fob then starting car which you did anyway

Ah, that's probably it then, the range on the keyfob is lousy!