JMB RetrofitsVolks Autos
    Reverse Gear

Status

bumper support clips

ive got an audi a4 2.5 tdi v6 and my bumper support has come away from the bumper.. i thought it might be held by some sort of plastic revit type clips, went over to audi and the said the bumper support comes complete with the bumper.. any ideas guys? can i get these clips from anywhere ?

thanks in advance

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    I think is moulded into the bumper but if it helps i have a spare one in me garden you can have for 20 quid... Obviously pick-up is needed from N. London...
    FOR SALE:
    -Golf mk 5/audi a3 1.6 FSI fuel pump, brand new genuine part boxed + seals
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by adamss24 View Post
    I think is moulded into the bumper but if it helps i have a spare one in me garden you can have for 20 quid... Obviously pick-up is needed from N. London...
    thanks for your reply and offer for the bumper, but problem is im mounting a front mount intercooler, which is 3" thick so regardless even if i bought another bumper i'd still have to disconnect the bumper support from the bumper to mount everything properly, i wondering how this article got away with it,

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/med...structions.pdf

any other ideas would be most grateful thanks

Fired Up!
    Funky Pong Champion

Status
    From wot i have seen when working on my bumper, im sure you could use some small stubby self tapper type screws to re-attach the support bar to bumper, theyres plenty of meat on the bumper to catch.

Project RS28 build
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthr...1-Project-RS28

German cowboy walks into a car showroom and says "Audi".......

2nd Gear

Status
    the problem is the thickness of the intercooler think most are 2" to prevent to much alteration when fitting

Reverse Gear

Status
    its not so mucch the thickness as if you look at page 10 an the forge intercooler installation article you will see he has removed the plastic retaining mounts that hold the bumper support to the bumper, but now mention has been made how it put it back together.. someone must have done an intercooler job on a standard b5 bumper?? anyone..