Some stuff...

ScottyP45

Reaction score
I did the grille the other day, came out good I think. Still to machine polish the car, but keep forgetting to get goo for the polisher.

Photo-0017.jpg

snd I found my boot sticker a,most ****** unreadable, will have to use the service book instead:

Photo-0016.jpg

then I found this: (the detached purple plug - not the frayed cloth on the vac pipe)

Photo-0013.jpg

Photo-0012.jpg

Photo-0011.jpg

Anyone know what the hell that plugs into? I know its vague, but by the look of it, its been plugged into something as its so clean inside, but I cant see anything it could plug into...dammit.

Saying that, it was dark under the engine and i didnt have me torch charged...pictures were taken wi the flash (engine bay ones anyway)

Last edited by a moderator:
that plugs in to the sensor on the underside of the hard inlet pipe that runs along the top back of the engine. The n18 is on the right hand side as you look at it and the other sensor (think it's maybe inlet temp) is on the left of the square mounting in the middle. plug goes on from the bottom.

champion mate, the IAT is reporting as missing or faulty on the scanner, that makes sense now! woo hoo.

top stuff!!!

looking good get those face lights on asap

yep will do, cheers Ras :)

I checked again, the IAT has a plug, identical to the loose one, its actually G72 (Inlet manifold temp sensor) code im getting already, swapped them anyway, cleared then scanned and got no IMTS missing, this time its EGR N18....but thats there and has a plug. I put it back the way it was, its weird, cant see any other sensor it can go into, and the IAT is in, can't see this IMTS anywhere, grrr....lol

EDIT wait im getting myself confused, the IMTS on the tdi is the same as the IAT on the petrol. I just need to look t the wire colours to see what plug is for what, I have the current flow diagrams for the AFN engine (what mines supposed to be) - will check and see...

What im going for are these:

hl-aua495-ab.jpg

Or these:

swa02db.jpg

and probly these taillights:

960122.jpg

A wee mockup wi the ecode halos: (cheers Aragorn, will watch out then, just like the look of these)

Photo-0017-1.png

noooo dont do it.. stick to OE good photoshop though

cheers!

What i want, is to get rid of the 2 piece units for something one piece, and preferably tinted or smoked looking, going for the subtle stealth bomber look lol

Any ideas of oem stuff I can fit, greatfully recieved!

I painted the insides of the Valeo Facelift lights black on my old car. Looked good.

Will dig out some pics tomorrow.

cool, look forward to seeing those.

guess its off to egay for facelift lights then..............

Lol yep.

Just dont buy the ****** Depo replica lights, because, yep you guessed it, the projectors are *****.

Proper Valeo units are what you want!