Converting exhaust to twin 1.9TDI Quattro

roscco

Reaction score
Hi all, i have a 1.9TDI Quattro 1998, at present the tail pipe is the two downwards pointing pipes next to each other from one back box left hand side. Id love to be able to have the twin exhausts (single exhaust either side) you see on some 2.0 TDI and the Turbo's

When i took it to a garage, they looked underneath and said as there is an 'expansion' fuel tank on the right hand side (where the right hand tail pipe would go) this is impossible.

This may be the case, but has anyone else come across this problem and got around it??

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Regards

Roscco u.k.

I have never seen anything on off that would give you the twin look :( It might be a case of getting a custom exhaust but I am not 100% sure what space there is under there.... :(

Awesome Mike

Be warned that a lot of custom exhaust manufacturers may give you the look and sound you crave but it is very often at the detriment of power and torque. Seen a lot of a certain well known custom exhaust fabricators work run up on the rollers and they are yet to manage to achieve a standard figure let alone an improvement.

I would be inclined to leave it well alone.

There is no room on the back of a b5 quattro to run a dual exhaust as the fuel tank is in the way. The only way to do it its by chopping the spare wheel well wich the MOT man wont be too impressed about !

Thanks for the replies, will more than likely opt for a smarter looking (not chavy) tail pipe. .. (the downward pointing one is abit gay looking).. no disrespect to any gays!

I've always wanted to do away with mine, not a fan of showing exhausts, think it looks so much cleaner when they are hidden, only problem is if i cut them back im left with a gap in the bumper which i cant be ***** making right.

Anything is possible

image310-1.jpg

image411small.jpg

is this a custom made exhaust from a company, or different exhausts from different model cars and put together? Shows its possible, but just need to know what parts i need.

Its custom made.

I'd imagine its easier to get a custom made exhaust as no B5's had dual exit tailpipe to rob parts from.

do iiiiiiiiiit! it'll add 100 bhp. and everyone will know your cool!

do iiiiiiiiiit! it'll add 100 bhp. and everyone will know your cool!

they know that anyway from my fluffy dice, neons, stickers that are all over it, mirror tinted windows and personalised number plate "ch4v 1"