Which DV

Oranoco

Reaction score
Website
www.passionford.com
I find myself in a dilema that needs rectifying. I am running a Forge recirculating DV which I know is widely regarded to the best for the 1.8T. The problem is I am getting the **** taken something rotten by my brother, all my mates and even my lady as apparently my car sounds like it's sneezing in a way that sounds more camp than a row of bright pink tents. To this end I find myself looking on E-Bay at Blitz BOV's etc. Anybody have recomendations? I have a Bailey twin piston valve in my spares bin but I don't think it will be suitable

the forge split-r is supposed to be good
dumps partly to atmosphere and partly recirc's and think its adjustable

got a forge 007 and it does sound a bit pathetic

Whichever makes the loudest noise wins surely.
That gives most power as well from what the kids tell me.

;)

My 007 is no noisier than the OEM one, The dual piston one has been said to work due it still having the system sealed while "dumping".

And seeing you have the Baileys already, it cant hurt to try it

I fitted teh Baily on etoday as I was at my mums place tinkering anyway. It dumps, and doesn't sound too bad. But ..... and it's a big but. as teh dump finishes the second piston sems to close and I get Honk (literally) from the car as it seals the vacume hose

Why not run a 710N DV from the old Audi TT/S3? I run them on my 400+bhp S4. No noise, very reliable and cheap as chips.

^^ Seconded, although you probably will get some noise if you have an open filter.

Barry valves and ear-splitting "tisssshhhh" noises are for 17year old chavs parked up outside macdonalds.

it is not the first time I have read of people fitting the "goose call" dump valve.
But I am with the older crew here.

Much prefer to embarrass bigger more expensive cars becasue they havent been paying attention than to have chavs chasing me round town with a point to prove

Cheers for the comments guys but I do already have a Forge 007 recirculating dump valve in place. The noise is audible because of the cone filter and I'm not willing to remove it so I guess I'm stuck with the ribbing for now.