EM TuningSky Insurance
    5th Gear

Status

lowering springs for 2.8 quattro s

im looking for some lowering springs for my 2.8qs, ive not long fitted replacement sport dampers of the s4 but now thinking id like it to look lower etc.

im really only doing it for appereance wise so not looking for something for track use etc and nopt looking to go coilover route

ive found a few makes on the net but when you ask them how much lower will they make the car sit considering i already have sport springs fitted, they sort of go a bit quite lol as most cant give a straight answer lol

so does anyone have any recondmendations?.........not looking to spend massive amounts its more for cosmetic

cheers alan

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    I would look at PI springs or the like if you want it lowered more than the factory spec as many good aftermarket spring kits will lower xxxmm compared with factory and ussualy 1 size fits all kind of things...however, i found that the Eibach springs are the best bang for buck you can get as they still with the factory springs- ride wise - while not beeing lowered to the point that's not practical anymore ! You will need uprated shocks as well if you plan to lower more than 40mm and i believe its only coillies wich will give this kind of drop...without costing the earth !
    FOR SALE:
    -Golf mk 5/audi a3 1.6 FSI fuel pump, brand new genuine part boxed + seals
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once

4th Gear

Status
    H&R springs on eBay.de are between Ł130 - Ł200. Two kits appear to available drop by 20-25mm and drop by 40mm.
    For Sale
    B6 S Line Saloon rear bumper,B6 A4 Upper Grille,B6 1.9TDI catback exhaust,B6/B7 Full Piano black inlays,B6/B7 RNS E/GPS Sharkfin,B6/B7 Side airbags,B7 2.0TDI Intercooler and MAP sensor

5th Gear

Status
    i think 40mm is probably what im think off, i know the factory sport springs are around 10-15mm lower than standard, and i was thinking of maybe something 20-25mm lower than my sport ones

so just need to find where best place to sorce some from is

alan

Neutral

Status
    supersport, made by spax do a set that lower 55mm front and 35mm rear.ollie on here has some on his.or eurocarparts do a set of apex -40mm springs for Ł120.there are a few cheaper sets on ebay,or look for used s4 items,which i believe lower the 2.8q around 25-30mm
    Last edited by millsy; 20th August 2010 at 18:19.
    you can sleep in your car.........
    but you cant race your house.......

1st Gear

Status
    do the s4 items fit all quattro models ?

5th Gear

Status
    ive got a complete set of s4 springs, but the problem you have is the s4 is heavier and the spring rating higher so th2.8s doesnt sit as low as you would think, in fact when i fitted them it seemed to make hardly if almost no difference

so that ruled out that option unfortunately or id have kept them on