1.8T LOWERED BUT HIGHER AT THE BACK THAN FRONT??? PICS

cossie

Reaction score
So posted a couple of months back that my 1.8t sport was in getting lowered on just springs(i know!) and id stick up some pics when i got it back but ive been on holiday etc so this is my first chance. Anyway i now have a problem you guys might be able to help me with as i cant take back to my mechanic as ive now broke my ankle! The problem is the car is nice and low at the front but unusually high at the rear.
This is how it looked the day i got it back but bear in mind it had the old springs and a buggy in the boot when this was taken...
th_225.jpg

Now it looks this...
th_039.jpg

Front...
th_040.jpg

Rear...
th_041.jpg

It was lowered on -30mm Ventura Sport springs, can the rear be adjusted or are my front dampers shot or any ideas at all??? P.s The car drives and handles great but just looks a bit odd, thanks guys.

Last edited:
I know mate, photobuckets getting the better of me. Do i just copy and paste the photobucket link into the little tree icon?

ive got h+r avant springs on my saloon, its about 10mm higher at rear than front, that looks alot more than 10mm difference!

ive got h+r avant springs on my saloon, its about 10mm higher at rear than front, that looks alot more than 10mm difference!
I know, looks like im going off roading! Did you put avant springs on deliberately and if so why? Does it affect the handling? Also if these are avant springs on mine at the rear then why did it look ok when i first got it back? I did have stuff in the boot but it wasn't that heavy

Something pretty odd going on there.

Axle isnt in the middle of the arch either, it looks pushed backwards?

Yep, as Aragorn says the wheel is sitting a good bit back in the arch, something not lined up properly.

I know, looks like im going off roading! Did you put avant springs on deliberately and if so why? Does it affect the handling? Also if these are avant springs on mine at the rear then why did it look ok when i first got it back? I did have stuff in the boot but it wasn't that heavy

no, ordered from germany and couldnt be bothered returning them, i actually like the way it looks but its very subtle

yours looks like theres something very wrong, is it parked on flat road?

In the pics its not on the flat, its facing downhill. Im getting quite worried now that somethings seriously f'd up from what u guys are saying!!
So on the flat it doesnt look just as bad, id say it looks like the fronts been lowered but the backs been kept standard(avant springs?) i'll try ang et some pics to show you. From what you are saying about the axle, does this mean my cars fkd? Could my mechanic have damaged it? Ps thanks for all the replys.

its hard to tell whats going on without actually seeing the car, and the pics are really small, but from what i can tell, the axle is in the middle in the first pic, but in the second its pushed back?

Is it possible that somethings hit the car/axle/wheel when its been parked up?

Think im going to wait until my ankles better then take it back to my mechanic. Will report back but don't hold your breath, my cast doesn't come off till 22nd september!

Looks like your on a slight hill so the Hanbrake maybe affecting how the cars rear axle is sitting due to the wheels being locked on the axle. Try it on a flat surface see wot it looks like then if not the case I would go with that u have avant springs on, but the FWD does sit high at the rear with stock springs I had a 97' a4 ADR engined non turbo and that was really high at the rear, but I've just recently purchased a 99' 1.8T Quattro sport (the run off edition 180bhp) and that's got sports suspension as standard I'd look at seeing if they would fit yours but I'm not sure as I think the shockers are smaller on my new 1 !!

Sure am, whereabouts are you??? Im in East, Baillieston/Easterhouse area.

Need to keep a look out for the A4 on high heels then if your local mate! lol
Small world, i'm in Baillieston too! I'll keep my eyes peeled for you. You driving the red A4 in your profile pics???

If it is Avant springs on the rear would it look lower if i put the original sport rear springs back on as i still have them or would it pretty much be the same? I know i could take one off and measure it but if anyone knows this would save me some hassle, cheers guys.

Small world, i'm in Baillieston too! I'll keep my eyes peeled for you. You driving the red A4 in your profile pics???

Nah not yet, been an ongoing project for the past year now, getting there now thou and sending it away for paint soon then get it on the road, hopefully a month or two.

Isnt half a small world eh, i have a black Vectra SRi for the daily drive, 57 plate, will keep an eye out for you mate!