Eibach springs

neilA4

Reaction score
Fitted a set of Eibach springs a while back, the ride height on the back is fine, the front is uneven? The passenger side sits 10mm higher? I thought it would settle but has not!

Can it only be the springs causing this? I can't think anything else would determine the height!

I'll have to swop them over side to side and measure them at same time?

Cheers

I'll check it all out tomorrow, the passanger side def has more travel than the driver side! Would a blown damper have the same affect?

well stripped the suspension, springs are same height etc but spot the difference lol

16082010508.jpg

16082010509.jpg

would this be the cause of the height difference? the inside of bump stop has disintergrated! Does the suspension sit on the bump stops then?

audi want about £17 not sure if it includes vat, the other one is solid

cheers

Damaged bump stop wouldn't make a difference. They're only there to cushion the blow and protect the internals when the piston becomes full depressed.

Are the springs the same load rating ? I would check the markings on them as they might be different wich will explain the difference....

Are the springs the same load rating ? I would check the markings on them as they might be different wich will explain the difference....

springs have same numbers, only difference I can find is the bump stop, which is listed in Etka as a 'helper spring'

will see if it makes any difference tomorrow ta

what do you weigh?! ;)

cheeky git

I have now changed bump stop, and the height difference is ******* worse!

I'm now going to try changing the complete spring/damper assembly's over and see what happens.

:banghead:

Thats a good point, the sports bump stops are lower than the SE bump stops hence they will desintegrate quicker. I would make shure you put new sport items IF you have standard suspenssion fitted on the car from factory !

Thats a good point, the sports bump stops are lower than the SE bump stops hence they will desintegrate quicker. I would make shure you put new sport items IF you have standard suspenssion fitted on the car from factory !

sports suspension is standard on tqs, bump stop replaced has same part number, but instead of being red it was cream coloured for some reason, same length though. Think tqs is 25mm lower as standard and the eibachs are 30mm so only 5mm in it.

have you made sure the spring is against the stop on the rubber pad, and in the lower mounting collar?
it was against the stop on the upper and lower pads, will have another look friday afternoon, working nights so will have to wait till then lol

well i have tried swapping the damper/spring assemblys over and made no difference so that rules them out. The subframe bushes seem ok.

Have measured the difference and it's 15mm higher on the passenger side.

Would the anti-roll bar have and influence on the height? suppose i could unbolt the c links and see what happens?

tried unbolting the c links and that made no difference whatsoever!

wonder if the top mount plate (that the upper arms bolt to) is damaged. the side that is lower is the side that had the damaged bump stop on so may have taken a hit at some point?

gonna have to srip it all down again.....meh

ive tried swapping the springs over side to side and passenger side was still lower! also tried swapping the dampers over made no difference.

last thing I do will be putting the old springs on, could of been same with old springs but just not noticed

cheers

If you've swapped the springs left to right and the same side is still lower, then it cant be the springs...

Perhaps one side of the car is heavier? Either that or the rubber bushes on one side arent in the right "place" which will be adding to the spring rate slightly?

Try slackening off the big bushes on the ends of the wishbones, then retighten them with the car on the floor (or jack each side up so its at the correct ride height before tightening)

I think there are some procedures you do on the suspension which must be done with the full weight of the car on the ground, otherwise you can get this issue. I'll dig out my erwin pdfs tonight and send them over if you want. Pm me your email addy.