1998 TDI - Coding Remote

Drifterwanab

Reaction score
Right...

i have a 1998 TDI that i have had to buy a lockset for (lockset was off a 1998 quattro)

And i has 2 button flip key - from what i have read i should be able to code the remote to the car for remote central locking.

Now i did these with my 1998 golf via vag com and was really easy!

But when i try to do this on the A4 when i go into the central locking module channels 1 and 21 (infact all the channels) just comes up with brown writing saying i think "cannot access" or something like that

i cannot do 2 key method as only got 1 key

am i missing something ?

p.s car immobilser is on as the chips not been coded to the car, thats being done saturday - but that wouldnt stop you accessing the module would it?

whats the part number on the central locking pump?

If your car didnt have remote locking originally, the pump might not have the ability to do remote locking.

hi bud, cheers

i dont know the code on the pump i will need to look that up.

if you press the button on the drivers door it unlocks the boot if that makes any difference ha

via vagcom you want '35 central locks' on the b5 but still reckon you'd need keys coded first

98 a4 would have 8l0 'G' pump if its remote capable, wasnt standard spec till the facelift

also, when craig did his S4 he needed another key, as you need to have the ignition on, then get out and lock the door with the key, before pressing the buttons on the fob.