A4 TDI 110bhp Recommended Aftermarket Air Filter / Induction Kit

CHR15 B5

Reaction score
Hi Guys, New To The Forum, Ive Got A 98 A4 TDI 110, Im After Fitting A K&N Induction Kit, But Ive Read & Heard That Oiled Filters Cause Problems With The MAF, Could Any Of You Guys Recommend The Best Or A Good Non Oiled Induction Kit/Open Air Filter To Fit? Cheers:thumbsup:

I wouldn't recommend any. Paper filter FTW. The only ones I've heard good things about are the Carbonoi and the BMC CDA, both of which are expensive.

Hi, i fitted a K&N Induction Kit to my '96 A4 1.8T 20V over a year ago with no faults at all. I have heard of MAF problems due to oil but mine hasn't had any adverse effects. My car now has a nice sound to it now and when i come off the accelerator i can hear the recirculating valve which sounds like a mini dump valve! Hope this helps in some way.

The standard paper filter will flow in excess of 500hp, and costs about 4 quid. Why change it?

Spend your money elsewhere on something that will actaully make a difference.

Also, I don't know if it's the same on the TDi, but the area around the airbox on the 1.8T gets very, very hot. I wouldn't do it to mine as I suspect that it will do nothing but suck in hot air. Probably not too bad when moving, but pretty bad when idling.

I tried a open airfilter on my 1.9tdi because i had one laying around, had it on for all of a minute, they sound awful with one on.