buying/coding new immobiliser transponder

fARQUARE

Reaction score
Okay, i got rid of my b5 avant 1.8t sport recently and replaced it with a b5 avant 1.9 tdi, i'm slowly getting the tdi how i want it and so far i've:

-removed and cleaned the inlet manifold and egr valve
-replaced maf
-replaced all vacumm lines
-new n75
-remapped
-new wings
-added my old "16 avant sport alloys

it's now running fine, however i used to have keyless entry on the sport, it was a votex unit that i bought off a member on here. I tried to swich this on to the new car but the
pins on the pump were different so no joy.

Having read up on the '96 central locking and knowing the limitaions of the system i;ve decided the best thing to do is buy the tried and trusted rightclick remote entry system off the bay.
Thing is i only got 1 key with the car so i'd like to not butcher that key for its transponder chip, can you but these transponders, if so any good known sources?

Then i guess there is a variation on the usual procedure to code the new transponder and plant it somewher in the rightclick keyfob?

Tried searching but the new search options are not the best.

Thanks in advance

I saw that link on ebay last night - it says the earliest is 98 on though, would it work in a 96?

I have a cheapie ebay lead, is it the same lead for vag tacho or do i need to get a new one?

cheers

that ebay chip is for immo 2
if yours has seperate immo box then you need a 'megamos 13' transponder chip

try hickley valtone if you cant get them on ebay

vag com and vag tacho are completly different you will need new cable and software

that ebay chip is for immo 2
if yours has seperate immo box then you need a 'megamos 13' transponder chip

try hickley valtone if you cant get them on ebay

vag com and vag tacho are completly different you will need new cable and software

Hey, thanks for the heads up. Stupid question but how would i check to see if there's a seperate immobiliser box?

I guess i should just take the part number from the pump and that would be a start.

What year is it? If its a '96 it'll have the seperate box.

Yes it's a '96 on an 'n' plate. Is this the seperate box under the rear seat?

Can anybody see a flaw in my plan or is there an easier (cheaper) way to achieve the same result?

So i'm planning on:

-buying and rightclick system
-getting a megamos 13 blank transponder
-getting the haa key blanks cut at a local place
-buy vag tacho to get the skc
-code new rightclick key with vag-com using skc code

I assume you need the full version of vag-com to code the key, in which case i'll need to find someone who has the full version to do the coding part.

thanks folks

You do need the full version of vag-com to code a key
If you use vag tacho to get your pin then you can code your new key with vag tacho too i did my A6 with it
I couldn't find anyone local who could cut a key so i got one off ebay, you just send them a digital photo so they can match the profile

The immo box is up under the dashboard next to the steering column.

Post your location to see if anyone near you has the kit.

Just as a side note, i was looking through the options of the car and found the following:

8QL = Key for locking system with remote control

could it be that i can get away with a new key with remote control? There are no IR recievers on the B pillars, this has got me a bit confused.....