Compression Ratios

Markey

Reaction score
Im a novice when it comes to this subject im looking at the below, and have no idea what the compression raitos mean and what i can expect with each application.

JE Forged Piston Set - 1.8T 5V - 9.0:1CR
JE Forged Piston Set - 1.8T 5V - 9.2:1CR
JE Forged Piston Set - 1.8T 5V - 9.5:1CR

Please Help, need to know what im talking about so i can compare them with others, and choose the ones i want.

Is that right as im just getting some prices of the web and the 9.0:1s are cheaper than the others and i thought they would have been more expensive being the better performers.
How strange

Just cause they are lower comp doesn't mean they are stronger...

You have to make sure you get a set of forged ones... and then clarify which are the "strongest".

I know Jabbasport offer the 8:1 pistons that are nearly 1900cc... they are JE pistons.

Think im just going to stick with the S3 pistons and conrods for now then i can probably get them cheaper.

do you need to rebuld, or u just power hungry. i wana see some pics of your intercooler, as i think i will have to do the same soon, i also av headlight wash, i wana c yours so get some pics up buddy.

Im am a crazy power hungry person. Im thinking S3 pistons with bigger injectors and some lightened components will take me to near 280BHP and then ill be happy for a while.
I like to have the same amount ot power under my foot as most women have under their thumbs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ill see what i can do for you tomorrow i need to get someone where set up to host the pics. Ill see if i can get some detailed ones for as it is not on the car at the moment as i had to take it off to have some warrenty work done. Naughty Me!!!

I ran the S3 motor (210BHP) with an IHI turbo w/ std S3 injectors and the car ran 340BHP... the injectors could not take anymore. 380 would have been possible with larger injectors & higher pressure fuel pump... but 380 would have been con-rod breaking territory so didnt bother.