JMB RetrofitsVolks Autos
    6th Gear

Status

Crackling through speakers :o(

Getting really hacked off now. Everytime I start the car in the morning and the revs are above about 1500rpm I get an annoying crackle through the speakers, it doesn't make any odds as to CD or radio and if i use the Parrot hands free kit the crackle is also present. This leads me to thinking it's something a miss with teh cars electrics than the audio electrics.

Any ideas gratefully recieved. I did take a lot of the car apart when did the timing belt, radiator and rocker gasket change so could I have disturbed something under the bonnet to cause this?

Life begins at 140mph
    Sell my Audi??? Kiss my rings!
    www.passionford.com

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    disconnect the parrot And any other external audio items if fitted see if that stops it
    99 Nogaro S4 now black bonnet and roof,blackdiamond discs and pads,Hybrid K04 with uprated actuators ,Rs4 clutch custom lightweight flywheel, esp lightweight pulley set ,Rs4 intake pipes ,rs4 mounts ,full samco hose set,F-hose delete ,BMC carbon induction, full stainless exhaust with de cat pipes, custom chip,18"ultra lights,LED rear clusters,6000k xenons ,LED sides,KW coilovers,powerflex bushes ,Boost guage in pillar pod,isotta steering wheel and gearknob,B&M short shifter

Neutral

Status
    is it a standard head unit and speakers?then its probably down to a loose connection or a bad earth.or you have an after market head unit/amps/speakers etc,you need to trace back to locate the problem,i.e; play music quietly,disconnect individual speakers in turn and see if noise stops,remove fuses from amps etc.
    you can sleep in your car.........
    but you cant race your house.......

LPG Abuser & have VAGCOM

Status
    Had a funny noise from my stereo a while back, found that the earth lead on the rocker cover had come loose - same loom as the coil packs. you will probably find that there is an earth gone somewhere - or the stereo internal amps have started to die....

6th Gear

Status
    Stereo is setup so not to use the onboard amp, it's a sound processor only. Will double check the earth strap for the coil packs though, cheers

Life begins at 140mph
    www.passionford.com

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyman View Post
    Had a funny noise from my stereo a while back, found that the earth lead on the rocker cover had come loose - same loom as the coil packs. you will probably find that there is an earth gone somewhere - or the stereo internal amps have started to die....
    I owe you a beer, this was indeed the culprit it would seem. Must have not done it up completely when I had the car apart and it worked loose and had popped off. Will have to see in the morning for 100% but it's looking very promising

Life begins at 140mph
    www.passionford.com