Crackling through speakers :o(

Oranoco

Reaction score
Website
www.passionford.com
Getting really hacked off now. Everytime I start the car in the morning and the revs are above about 1500rpm I get an annoying crackle through the speakers, it doesn't make any odds as to CD or radio and if i use the Parrot hands free kit the crackle is also present. This leads me to thinking it's something a miss with teh cars electrics than the audio electrics.

Any ideas gratefully recieved. I did take a lot of the car apart when did the timing belt, radiator and rocker gasket change so could I have disturbed something under the bonnet to cause this?

disconnect the parrot And any other external audio items if fitted see if that stops it

is it a standard head unit and speakers?then its probably down to a loose connection or a bad earth.or you have an after market head unit/amps/speakers etc,you need to trace back to locate the problem,i.e; play music quietly,disconnect individual speakers in turn and see if noise stops,remove fuses from amps etc.

Had a funny noise from my stereo a while back, found that the earth lead on the rocker cover had come loose - same loom as the coil packs. you will probably find that there is an earth gone somewhere - or the stereo internal amps have started to die....

Stereo is setup so not to use the onboard amp, it's a sound processor only. Will double check the earth strap for the coil packs though, cheers :)

Had a funny noise from my stereo a while back, found that the earth lead on the rocker cover had come loose - same loom as the coil packs. you will probably find that there is an earth gone somewhere - or the stereo internal amps have started to die....

I owe you a beer, this was indeed the culprit it would seem. Must have not done it up completely when I had the car apart and it worked loose and had popped off. Will have to see in the morning for 100% but it's looking very promising