Sky InsuranceChris Nott
    imported_bpascua

immobiliser on an A4 1.8T - new key still not work

Hello All,

I posted a while back that I had a new key cut for my 96 A4 (Ł100), and the imobiliser would sometimes cut in after say 1 second of the starting the car. This only occurred with the new key that audi cut me. So I went back to them and they said "you need an new imob control unit" as thats the only other component. So Ł300 later I had this done and I still got the same issue. So they cut me another key, and it still does the same thing.

Any ideas? new key, new reciever....what next? new car? note this doesnt occur with the original key and it intermittent.

Thanks

Brian

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status

Re: immobiliser on an A4 1.8T - new key still not work

i'd say here's your new immobiliser unit mate and i want a refund as it didn't need changing and then fiddle with the wire from the immobiliser to the key reader on the barrel. This happened on my old A4, all I did was tape the connector up so that it was held in tight against the immobiliser connector.

Status

Re: immobiliser on an A4 1.8T - new key still not

there is a transponder in the key, this has to match the code in the immoboliser...

you can get this done for Ł30 from a dealer or just make sure the original key transponder is tapped to the old coil round the barrel...