immobiliser on an A4 1.8T - new key still not work

I

imported_bpascua

Hello All,

I posted a while back that I had a new key cut for my 96 A4 (£100), and the imobiliser would sometimes cut in after say 1 second of the starting the car. This only occurred with the new key that audi cut me. So I went back to them and they said "you need an new imob control unit" as thats the only other component. So £300 later I had this done and I still got the same issue. So they cut me another key, and it still does the same thing.

Any ideas? new key, new reciever....what next? new car? note this doesnt occur with the original key and it intermittent.

Thanks

Brian

i'd say here's your new immobiliser unit mate and i want a refund as it didn't need changing and then fiddle with the wire from the immobiliser to the key reader on the barrel. This happened on my old A4, all I did was tape the connector up so that it was held in tight against the immobiliser connector.

there is a transponder in the key, this has to match the code in the immoboliser...

you can get this done for £30 from a dealer or just make sure the original key transponder is tapped to the old coil round the barrel...