Alarm Woes - Drivers door closed - DIS says Open

A3steve

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
Could anyone enlighten me to the sensor/switch location for the Drivers door closed please before i start taking door cards off?

Can't activate the alarm at the moment due to the Car thinking the drivers door is open (DIS display shows it ) and activating the annoying alarm clock beep that is the factory alarm.

Thanks Steve

Last edited:
Spray some WD into the lock, move the latch back/forth alot see if by chance this helps, I know the latter locks like 8P have about 3 microswitches inside & I doubt this changed much over the years, its probably got all clogged up & needs cleaning IMHO, but I'm sure a B5er will be along soon to advise any different.

yup if the WD40 trick fails it's a door card and window frame removal to get the catch mechanism out.

It is prob possible without taking the frame out but it's easier and faster to do when you have full access to what you are doing

There you go, from zee horses mouth & tbh mate the wd will only do a quick fix IMHO, I would do as Mark says remove card & fix it properly fella then she'll hopefully be good for many more miles.

yup if the WD40 trick fails it's a door card and window frame removal to get the catch mechanism out.

It is prob possible without taking the frame out but it's easier and faster to do when you have full access to what you are doing
Thanks - worst case is it possible to purchase the electrical components seperately?

Or just get a 2nd user/new of ebay as you dont wanna mess with the pcb's if the B5 had same as later ones, I've opened up my 8P ones & couldnt be ***** to fix, got some of bay & updated job done.