Chris NottMonster Motorsport
    1st Gear

Status

Alarm Woes - Drivers door closed - DIS says Open

Hi Folks,
    Could anyone enlighten me to the sensor/switch location for the Drivers door closed please before i start taking door cards off?

Can't activate the alarm at the moment due to the Car thinking the drivers door is open (DIS display shows it ) and activating the annoying alarm clock beep that is the factory alarm.

Thanks Steve
    Last edited by A3steve; 2nd August 2010 at 12:34.

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Spray some WD into the lock, move the latch back/forth alot see if by chance this helps, I know the latter locks like 8P have about 3 microswitches inside & I doubt this changed much over the years, its probably got all clogged up & needs cleaning IMHO, but I'm sure a B5er will be along soon to advise any different.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    yup if the WD40 trick fails it's a door card and window frame removal to get the catch mechanism out.

It is prob possible without taking the frame out but it's easier and faster to do when you have full access to what you are doing

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    There you go, from zee horses mouth & tbh mate the wd will only do a quick fix IMHO, I would do as Mark says remove card & fix it properly fella then she'll hopefully be good for many more miles.

1st Gear

Status
    yup if the WD40 trick fails it's a door card and window frame removal to get the catch mechanism out.

It is prob possible without taking the frame out but it's easier and faster to do when you have full access to what you are doing
    Thanks - worst case is it possible to purchase the electrical components seperately?

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Or just get a 2nd user/new of ebay as you dont wanna mess with the pcb's if the B5 had same as later ones, I've opened up my 8P ones & couldnt be arsed to fix, got some of bay & updated job done.