B5's and DBW

Anito

Reaction score
I was under the impression that all 99.5> facelift B5's had DBW.

Took mine to have Cruise Control fitted this week to find it doesn't have DBW. It's 2000 car (Built June 2000). The chap at Stealthracing said it was unusual because he had fitted cruise control to older models than mine and he belived all facelift versions had DBW.

Anyone know anynore about this?

Not sure wnat DBW means but I have a doner car that I want to stripout the cruise control out of and put on mine but not sure where to start.

I've installed cruise control myself using a vacuum actuator on a non drive by wire A4. Bought a Waeco crusie control kit for £90 delivered from German ebay (go on ebay.co.uk search worldwide and then search for waeco tempomat or waeco ms-50.

Wasn't hard to install once I got my head round it and thanks to a little help from an as.net member in johnanesberg!

Works well on the motorway and is brilliant! At 30mph it will fluctuate between +_3mph (because doesn't control the brakes to slow down), but keeps within +_0.5mph at 60mph+.

Would recommend it!!! It is so easy to drive a car with cruise control!!

AMD do a factory cruise control kit, which im thinking of getting.
How is it controlled and how do you set the speeds etc?

it interfaces the car's computer where the standard cruise control plugs in. it will only work on drive by wire cars. it is controlled via an oem stalk that they install.

Before this thread is hijacked /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Anyone know why my car doesn't have DBW but older cars do?

[ QUOTE ]
ajmackie said:

Would recommend it!!! It is so easy to drive a car with cruise control!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers, I may well give it a try