Black Head Lining

NineNails

Proud sponsor of the snack food industry
Reaction score
Was it standard on the 1.8tqs ? I have it and it's lovely, makes the car kinda 'cozy' to be in but someone is telling me it was special order item and not common and I know sod all about the interior colour schemes on these.
Cheers, Si

Standard on the TQS afaik.

The TQS is a bit of a special edition, kinda like a "mini-S4". Lots of its mechanicals and things are all S4 spec, as is the chassis itself, so it should be a bit more special than the old quattro you had.

how do you mean "as is the chassis itself"?
what chassis upgrades does it get?

erm let me think,

integral upper strut brace
lower subframe bracing
alloy top suspension mounts
Solid track rod ends
large front CV's and bearings
cast (rather than pressed steel) rear upper wishbones

Those are the bits i can think of offhand, theres probably more, and any hidden upgrades such as thicker metals used etc wont really be visible.

The PR code for the Chassis/Suspension package on a TQS is listed as "Quattro Gmbh"

all later v6 and quattro got strut brace, alloy top mounts are fitted from 98 ish on

do love the dark interior though

Oh thats interesting about the brace...

Looking on ETKA, the only FWD's to get them are the AFB engined models (2.5 tdi)

Under Quattros, they're listed for S4 and 2.5TDi on prefacelift cars, and dont have any notes against them for facelift models (suggesting its fitted to all of them)

There is another brace with a different part number listed as "SPORTPAKET QUATTRO GMBH" though, wonder what thats for!

Read somewhere that the 2.8 had strutbrace also, not sure if its true thou, havent checked mine???

Well from what i can see on ETKA the only FWD that got it was the 2.5TDi.

Facelift quattros would appear to all have it, so if your car is a facelift 2.8Q then it should be there.

Well from what i can see on ETKA the only FWD that got it was the 2.5TDi.

Facelift quattros would appear to all have it, so if your car is a facelift 2.8Q then it should be there.

Na, mine is a 97, boo! Will look into getting one now thou!