valuation

Matt82

Reaction score
hi there

was working on customer's car this weekend, a 98 2.8 quattro avant in kingfisher blue, black leather, auto etc.

the car has sat about for 2-3 months, its no longer used as the owner's husband (ie her chauffeur) died.

she wants to put it up for sale as she has no use for it, what do you guys value it at. ive never looked at 2.8 prices, whats it worth in your eyes?

condition is above average and has 120k ish miles

Its a hard one.

My first thaught was around a grand, as its a pre-facelift with a big thirsty V6 (and i've seen them sell for less than that), however its an Auto, which throws a bit of a spanner into the works. On the one hand, less people actually want a slushbox, reducing the market. On the other the market of Autos is invariably smaller, so maybe that counter acts it? Its also an avant which generally seem to go for a bit more.

Personally, i'd stuff it on ebay and see what it goes for. Perhaps with a 1k reserve if shes the nervous type.

End of the day, it will sell on ebay for what its worth, and it will be gone at the end of the auction, without any faffing around.

no pics of the car, sorry.

i took her out for a test run after and it was suprisingly frugal (if the MFA can be relied on). her grandson wants it though. ive got a figure in mind of early 1100s tbh so pretty much confirmed with how i saw it.

amazing though. so much car for so few pennies!!