Bye bye Audi

voteforpedro

Reaction score
So I fitted the new door after hours of blood and sweat, mostly caused by the door wiring due to the crappy alarm install. Seriously - why on earth would you need to tap into the door harness to fit an alarm?

Anyway, the sill is bent upwards towards the front, so much so that the door won't shut. I'm thinking it's only a couple of mm but it's made all the difference and I don't think it's economical to fix.

So now I need a contingency plan. What should I do? I don't have the time or energy to break it tbh. Well I could break it over a weekend but don't have the time for repeated visits to the PO, let alone the transport to get there.

Really don't know what to do. :( My loan has been approved and is now in my bank account so I will get my 1.8TQS as soon as I find one suitable, but I really want to claw back as much as possible from the car. Don't think I could even sell it spares or repair given the damage.

Quite annoying tbh. I had to edge it out of the garage to get to the door and it started perfectly, first time in four weeks. Sad because clearly the engine is in perfect working order, bless Audi. It would be a shame for the whole thing to end in the scrapyard.

I would be willing to break it but it would be collection only on EVERYTHING. :p

Help me out guys. <3

if you had the space then you could break it mate, everything would be sold basically espcially the engine if its in good working order, like you said mate try and claw back as much as you can from the car to go towards your TQS

if you had the space then you could break it mate, everything would be sold basically espcially the engine if its in good working order, like you said mate try and claw back as much as you can from the car to go towards your TQS

Not sure what to do with the carcass though. The garage around back where it is atm isn't very accessible and the driveway is gravelled so not ideal. :(

Theres a lot of money in scrap steel, so you'll likely find your local scrap metal yard will collect it with a hiab for nothing once you've stripped it.

I'd take all the big items off, ie engine, box etc, as they tend to be things that get collected anyway.

Hey mate, sorry it should come to this, I feel for you.

Does your a/c blow cold? Would you be willing to yank the pump off and how much would you want for it?

Would PM you but may as well bump your thread to the top...

Cheers!

Hey mate, sorry it should come to this, I feel for you.

Does your a/c blow cold? Would you be willing to yank the pump off and how much would you want for it?

Would PM you but may as well bump your thread to the top...

Cheers!

Tepid, not ice cold. Could probably do with being re-gassed?

In your honest opinion, would you say the compressor was functional though? I haven't determined whether mine is snafu or just the compressor. Might be easier for me to just sling a whole new unit in and regas....

If you reckon yours is working, I may very well have it off you.

In your honest opinion, would you say the compressor was functional though? I haven't determined whether mine is snafu or just the compressor. Might be easier for me to just sling a whole new unit in and regas....

If you reckon yours is working, I may very well have it off you.

I used it recently and it cooled me down so I guess so. :p

Cool, that's what matters. If you end up stripping her down and you fancy flogging the compressor, I'd be indebted if you could give me first refusal! Cheers mate.