1.8T Divertor Valve issue?

jimbo_123

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have a 1.8T with what only can be described as a very slight hesitancy under load it only happens for a fraction of a second between 1 and 2k after that she pulls very well.

After searching the net and on here it appears it could be related to dying divertor valve (it looks like its on the original valve from the factory)? Could anyone shed any light on this?

btw the car is on 90k, engine code BFB - standard map
The car with no other issues with a very stable idle.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Have you checked for boost leaks???
Check to see which diverter valve you have aswell, you may aswell treat it to a brand new one and get the 710N valve, around £28 if I remember rightly, just a better tougher revision of what you have already.

Defo check for boost leaks and try with the new valve aswell. unplugging the MAF sensor and take it round the block to see if it drives the same or with a difference may shed some light too...

Check to see who is near you with a Vag Com also, very handy....if you havnt already got one.

On that note, have you thought of investing in a Vagcom??roughly £240ish from a memebr on here (...hope thats correct NHN)

Cheers mate!
I have had a good look around and cannot see any sign of loose pipework at all which would indicate a boost leek, but I haven't actually pressure tested it for a conclusive result.
I will source a divertor valve at the weekend as they are pretty cheap and the current is probably on its last legs, also I may have go at unplugging the air flow meter to fool the ecu to factory default.

Thanks again for your response, I'll give some feedback once I've changed the valve :)

No worries mate, hope you get it sorted. I know the feeling, it drives you mad. I had 4 boost leaks on my Blue one and was lucky to find them everytime.
Ill see if I got any pics of where you could pay closer attention to as mine seem to went in the same place/area.

That would be brilliant mate!

I'll let you know how I get on at the weekend...