3.0L Chip Review: Powerchip (Stealthauto.com USA)

dstech

Reaction score
Website
www.audicrazy.com
I've had the chip installed for almost 2 weeks now. I finally feel that I have a good understanding what improvements were made with the chip.

Low End Torque/HP: There doesn't feel like there is any improvement which by design it wasn't made to improve low RPM torque.

Fuel Economy: Fuel Economy remains to be unchanged, thus it's as it was before the chip. I do notice I tend to lead foot the car more now, due to the better throttle response it has, which ultimately creates worse gas mileage. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

High End Torque/HP: There is Very Noticable improvement here! The butt dyno says that there's enough improvement to make the driver happy. All you other 3.0L owners, you know about the flat-lining feeling when the car hits the 4000RPM + range. The torque tapers off and even sometimes feels like it drops off pretty severly. The chip took most of that feeling away. When in 4th gear travelling at about 70-80mph, if you WOT the car, the RPMS climb much faster. It's definetly there because I do this every morning when I pass the slow left lane commutters on the interstate (#$%$!).

I plan to put the car on the AWD dyno next Spring to compare it against my baseline stock run. At that time I will post the before/after results. I know that the Wett Chip owners are pretty happy and I can't compare the Powerchip's ECU improvement to Wett, but I can say the improvement is well worth the time and money spent.

If you plan to buy the chip, work through Todd Staples at Stealthauto.com. He was able to set everything up in a quick and painless manner. Communication to the customer is top notch, which in my honest opinion is the most important characteristic a company can have. He made me feel like I was his number one priority when I placed the order for the chip.

To enquire about the chip you can either go to the website: [url]http://www.stealthauto.com/powerchip.htm [/url], email Todd Staples directly: todd@stealthauto.com , OR call Todd during normal business hourst at 888-978-3258.

Feel free to email me if you have any questions.
Here's my original [url]http://forums.audiworld.com/a4gen2/msgs/276838.phtml[/url]