Big Problems, Help Needed, Auto problems

GlennMr2

Reaction score
Hi all

i give you a run through of my problems, first of all my car is a 2003 1.9TDI multitronic,

here it goes

just after feb time my rear brake lights used to come on randomley when parked up but a quick couple of pumps of the brake pedal would turn them off, the problem got much worse untill they wouldnt go off at all and also my esp light would come on and could only be turned off by switching the engine off, anyway to make things worse the ABS light started coming on with it as well, but everything seemed ok , i was thinking its just a new brake light switch is needed,

But then my problems got worse, i was driving home last night when all of a sudden it was if the car went into neutral there was just no go and all revs, the eng mang light came on as well as esp and abs, i switched the engine on off and back on again and everthing was ok.

went out this morning and got myself a new brakelightswith from audi which has fixed my brake light problem,

took her out for a test drive and she broke down again, same problem all auto gears went and could only rev the car, but this time it came up flashing on the dash "ABS FAULT, CONTACT DEALER" or sumin along those lines,

can an abs fault realy cause all my auto gears to go ???

also the P,D,N,R,S disapeer of the dash, and if i do turn the engine off it wont let me restart for about 10 mins

any help much appreaciated

Get a VAG-COM scan - should advise on the problems.
Log all the errors then do a DTC reset and see what pops up again.

dwfo a strange one, does anyone know of a vag scan man near enfield, north london

To the best of my knowledge you are correct

so i take it no one has had any simular problems then, ??

. is there a way i can clear the fault codes myself

sorted it was gearbox ECU, £200 it cost to repair, job done, they wanted 950 for a new one