Votex lower grille mod

I tend to agree. If you're keeping it on the bottom I would match it on the top.

If you sell your black grill let me know!!! first dibs :D

Thanks for your opinions guy's, I am now unsure what to do. I think i might try the original top back on tonight and see what it looks like. I like the pic's from 'nanafagis'.

Have you got any more/bigger pics of the chrome trim fitted that you can send me?? I have fitted the Votex kit to mine and I miss not having chrome in the bottom grille. i know most people do anything to remove the chrome but I want mine back lol.

Would you say it looks OEM fit? Also how did it bend round the curves and roughly how thick is it, i.e. does it stick out far?

Oh and as for the bonnet grille I also bought the Votex grille like you but instead of getting it colour coded I cut it about and modified it to accept the original chrome surround from the standard grille.

Last edited:
Hi Garfie, iv'e got no bigger pic's to put on yet but i can give you the detail from where i bought the chrome stripping from.

Ebay - search for 'Car chrome 7mm'
(the 7mm sits nicely one the grille edge but its up to you'

comes in 7mm x 3m self adhesive from approx £4.50 upwards

For the price i think it was worth testing it.

Garfe - I forgot to answer your main question, i wouldn't say it's oem, more individual i think. it sits about 3mm so it doesn't stick out far and the adhesive is strong so it bends and sticks easily. (be sure to remove the top coating of the chrome as at first i thought it was a dull colour until i removed revealing the true chrome finish.

Have you got any close ups of your modded top grille.

Thanks John,

As you say, for the price I may just give it a go. Does it go round the bends ok without kinking etc?

I havent any pics of my modded grille yet but will try and remember to get some later and post them up.

Yes mate it goes around the corners easily and the adhesive is strong too, just be sure to remove the protective film off the chrome side. Other than that it should match your top grille nicely.

Hmmm makes me wonder if my old grille was done this way. Or did they make an OEM chromed votex centre grille?

Not sure if i prefer the black or chrome now. I liked the idea of an all black front end but now mine looks odd to me cos i'm used to having the chrome trim on the lower bit. I think the chrome gives the front end a bit of presence. It looks a bit lightweight now, with mine being all black the grilles blend in.

Two possible solutions..... Leon Cupra R Splitter, or some of this chrome trim or both (can do both for less than £30!) What do people think? Sorry for the interruption but i'm just thinking out loud.

This is what I did to my Votex grille:

IMG_2603.jpg

IMG_2605.jpg