1.8 T 163PS vs 190PS

I

imported_wrighty

Can anyone tell me the differnce between the 163 PS and 190 PS engines. Is it just the ECU or are there other differnces.
Also what turbos are fitted to both cars!!!
Cheers

Cant tell you the difference but ive got a 6 speed multitronic, as a cutosy car 190Ps and its quick but aint got the power off the diesel!

But it still pulls like [censored]!

Ive driven a 1.9 TDI audi and like J clarkson says about the new rover TDI, its nothing then wow then nothing.

Loads of low down torque for pulling away but nothing once you hit 4k rpm, so you need to change gear all the time, the 1.8T can rev up to 6-7k RPM and if you chip it should keep the turbo on all the way too.

But the 1.9TDI does have its advantages, I was Av 45mpg and half a tank of diesel would last 300miles /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I test drove both and ended up buying the 190, it has a 6 speed gearbox as oposed to the 5 speed 163, it has a different turbo KO4 I believe, their is a considerable difference between them, you can feel the 190 has more torque.

both have the same turbo, the K03

some tuners cannot remap the units to the same power, although others can

just make sure you pick one that can and you will pay less for the car overall as i would imagine the 150hp car will be cheaper

although if their is a 6 speed box in the 180bhp car you will be missing that

Dean_T, there are differencies in 163bhp and 190bhp models. There's differencies in engines, in gearbox, in clutch, etc etc. For example there's one more intercooler in the 190bhp model.

- Yak

Nope, there's one extra in the 190bhp model also. There are also some other minor modifications according to ETKA, but .. nobody knows exactly what those differences are in those pieces.

- Yak