S4 / Cabriolet Headlights on 3.0?

M

Max M4X WW

Hi,

I'm currently looking after a mates 3.0 QS while he is in NY for a few months.

I'm allowed to fiddle about with the car, so far I've just put some black vinyl on his front grille. Otherwise its as below..

spec1.jpg

spec2.jpg

As you can see it has the Votex kit from factory and he has added 18" S4 Avus wheels.

Personally I think the headlights need to be darker, Like S4 units.

Has anyone on here managed to get hold of any AND fit them to a non xenon equipped car?

My seccond option was cabriolet headlights as they all seem to be black, BUT do they do non xenon versions and do they physically fit? Im not sure of the bodywork differences between cabrio/saloon!

Any help appriciated!

Thanks

Nice looking car!

Cabby lights won't fit all unfortunately. OEM xenons can be retrofitted, but the units can be quite expensive and I think they require VAGcom coding.

An alternative is a set of HID bulbs and to 'joey mod' the existing lights - this means splitting them apart and spraying the chrome bits black.

Can't answer the question but did you used to have a superbly clean Mk3 Fiesta in white?
Yea Its me :jump: How are you mate? Still got your B5 then!

Anyone got any pics of the 'joey' headlights on a car this colour? Does the user paint them for people? How easy do they come apart?

Thanks

There's a guide HERE. I've not done it, but it's a bit time consuming splitting the lights, but not 'that' hard. Several people on here have done it.

They do look good, A lot of grief though. Will have a think

Could always put lamin-x film round them click click

P6060010_1.jpg

The are s4 lights underneath and with xenons the light out put itsn't badly affected not sure about regular bulbs. but only about £35 delivered

Just picked the car up from its MOT, passed fine as I got them to fit a new tyre first.

Its scrubbing out the inside edge of the rear passenger tyre!