vortex rear bumper

danny-goddard

Reaction score
hi there im looking to fit twin pipes to my 2.5tdi quattro, its fitted with a vortex body kit, my only problem is that because its the tdi the pipes blow down to the floor rather than out the back so my rear vallance just has honeycomb mesh black outs where the pipes would normaly fit, do any of you know if the little sections are avalable to buy from anywhere that allow for the pipes to come through the vallance? or can i sit my end cans a little higher and bring then through the black mesh?

many thanks danny

Try Stoke audi on the main forum. Also if you go on the top of this B6 forum and scroll down ebay finds, I posted a link to a set I found a month or so ago, maybe a bit of digging you could find whether it sold or not. Then there was a full black rear skirt with twin exists about a week ago which I also posted a link to.

Try also http://www.spoilercentre.co.uk/ they sell it as the "quattro" kit but they went quiet on me when I asked them to sell me grilles seperately. You might have more luck than me.

http://autobahnstyling.com/product_detail.asp?prodID=20#thumb likewise here. I got no response at all from this site, but I know some other members did manage to get bits off them, but had to wait a while.

As you can probably tell i've got a votex obsession. I've been looking for votex front grilles for getting on to 2 years now so believe me, i know how hard they are to find!

Got some front grilles on ebay now if that's any good? lol

The infills you talk about are available from Audi and consist of the grille mesh and also the plastic bumper infill section that goes beneath them. I had the choice when I got my Votex kit as the rear valance itself comes without either version of the infill, you then buy whichever set you need to suit either petrol or diesel.

If you look on the underside of your valance you should see screws that hold these infill sections in. If you're lucky you may just be able to unscrew them and remove the section and screw the new one in. However the fitting instructions did state to bond them on aswell as screw them on so you may find they are stuck aswell as screwed.

The good(ish) news is that the petrol infills with exhaust cutouts (inc. grilles) are cheaper than the diesel ones. You'll be looking around £85 from the stealers for the set (compared to £95 for the diesel version). They come finished in black plastic so will need colour coding if you want them to be.