Air con not working HELP !!!!!

AudiJohn

Reaction score
Hi Guy's,
Before it gets to the stage of buying new parts could anyone advise on an issue with my aircon, no cold air is coming through when the aircon is switched on, i'm assuming it has gas in it and iv'e checked the fuses. I can't here it kick in when switched on though and the rev's don't drop. Has anyone come across this issue.

regards
John

just went out and checked mine, no drop in revs but there should be a very small change in engine noise(sound slitly deeper) with the engine sounding like it being slowed.

the difference is quite hard to notce but there should be a change.

hope this helps

Yes mate, the econ button is off. do you think it could be the compressor not kicking in because i'm sure previously you could here it cut in, any thing to check on these.

If the gas is very low it will isolate the compressor and the ECON light will be ON. In my experience hearing the compresser click in has always been a bit hit and miss and very temperature dependant - personally I would never rely on it to diagnose a problem.

It could be the gas is low, but still has enough pressure to keep the compresser working - most aircon places will do a pressure test for free. Or it could of course be a faulty compressor /clutch. Does the air feel at all cool to you? Does it have the humidity of non airconditioned air?

PS when i said ECON 'button' I meant ECON 'Light'! ..... it's not illuminated?

Quattro james - no the light isn't on mate, just lights up when normal heating/cooling mode is selected. the temperature from all vents seems to be warm and you can feel a difference in humidity. Going off what you have commented on i think i will see if i can get it pressure tested.

He is saying the econ button appears to work as it should, regards illumination. i.e. the light illuminates with the Aircon off and extinguishes when the Aircon is on, but the aircon is not having any effect.