What to do about shoddy repair work?

russgt

Reaction score
Recently involved in an accident, mirror, drivers door, rear door, rear arch, rear wheel etc...

Phoned by repairer to collect car, when to inspect......... :mad:

Not happy :mad: looks absolutly *****!!

They didn't do anything with the rear wheel at all, didn't replace the door glass (which had deep scratches in), didn't replace part of the damaged mirror, the seam sealer on the inner rear arch is just hanging there, as for the prep and paint, it looks like they used 80 grit on the sander!! :mad: paint is really bad, I know I'm fussy about my paint work but surely the car should be as pre-accident!

Worst bit is everyone seems to think its ok and I dont think my insurers are bothered about it.

Repairers still have the car because I said there is no way I'm going to sign for it..... and pay them the £350 excess.

What will happen if they refuse to carry out re-repair work? I want my baby back in A1 condition!!

I also asked the guy in repairers if they are Audi approved......... he said no!! So.. what the f**k happens to the 12 yr anti-corrosion warranty?

Any advise on the issue is gladly welcome, don't know what to do...... Wasn't even my f**kin fault, but they are calling it 50/50 :banghead:

Just call your insurers & insist your car is either repaired to the proper standard or they have it taken to another garage that is audi approved so your warranty remains intact, maybe a few words about trading standards might sway them to sort it properly.

Thanks for your input but do you think Direct Line would be bothered about the threat of Trading Standards?

I've contacted my insurers about having it repaired elsewhere but they won't budge!

I meant the repair garage & direct line should repair it to an acceptable standard anyway.

Ask for an inspection of the work if need be by direct line.

Thanks NHN, I could get an engineer to inspect the repair work but he would be from Direct Line, I can't help but think he will be fully on Direct Line's side of this because Direct Line is my insurer and they are footing the repair bill?

I just don't think there are any really good repair/body shops down here in Devon!

Ask for an independent inspector.