Monster MotorsportVolks Autos
    Reverse Gear

Status

concert cd to ipod help

hi, trying to find a way of connecting my ipod to the concert cd head unit in my 04 tdi, what do i need? not really to fussed if it doesnt control the ipod just the sound would be good enough. ive seen things on ebay which start from a 8 pin block type connector to to female rca's which looks like it would work starting from 10 right up to around 90quid for a sophisticated looking affair which if my memory serves my controls the ipod...could be stupidly wrong though, cheers in advance guys

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Hi,
    Word of warning, don't buy the 10 block - RCA leads as the don't work.. I have had two and both just did nothing.
    Literally the HU is expecting some sort of "intelligent" signal back from the CDC and these cheap blocks don't do it.

I ended up going for something half way house as the music software i used on my iPhone (Spotify) is not compatible with the full blown genuine controlled Audi Kit (90).

I found that the "Connects2" RCA solution worked best for me. This is a box which is plug and play into the head unit. The HU is happy as it can see a digital signal, i am happy as i have an iPhone -> RCA connector which i charge my iphone off and play music over. This just plugged into the little red and white sockets on the Connects2 box and all is working

happy happy happy :)

Status
    i am also after something like this for my ipod and iphone 3gs. i would like to be able to skip tracks etc via my headunit tho. any chance you could send me a link to a suitable one??? i'm abit thick when it comes to this stuff to be honest lol. i have an 04 A3 tdi, just got the standard single headunit.
    would appreciate the help. :-)
    04 Audi A3 2.0tdi Sport (140)
    GOT - Pretty standard at the moment, HIDs, Rear Tints, 18" S Line alloys, Wind Deflectors.
    WANT - facelift conversion with black grill (pm me if anyone has got any parts goin) remap, green cotton filter. and maybe a little install

1st Gear

Status
    I got an Xcarlink adapter, cost 80 charges it and you can skip tracks with your headunit, it allows you to still have the CD changer as well if you have one.
    2004 A4 Quattro 190 S-Line - Akoya Silver, Cruise Control, Full DIS, Full interior lighting pack. - Now sold... Gutted miss is already!