Cambelt Question

miv

Reaction score
Right, I've spoken to Audi today and they said that the cambelt change criteria for my 3.0 v6 is 75k or 5 years on post 2004 cars. So as mine is a 2002 it wouldn't come up on their service schedule for a belt change until 75k.

They didn't know why it was 2004 onwards as surely mine is the same engine spec, or did they change the cambelt parts???

Mine is on 29k so not sure what to do. Has anyone else heard of this?

I had mine changed at 38k on a 2004. Peace of mind also have the waterpump , tensioners done at the sane time

As yours is a 2004 then they would advise you to get it done based on what they told me today. Not sure if it's engine specific either? I can't understand why they wouldn't include early B6 cars in this rule.

Have Done Already as per my last post

Have Done Already as per my last post

I know you changed yours, I meant they would have advised you at the time you replaced it, as yours is a 2004 where as they won't advise me as mines a 2002.

Seems a strange rule.

if the belt has not been changed in 8 years, IMO i would change it just for peace of mind.

as for the post 2004 cars, unless i'm mistaken i think they have different engines. i think they replace the 3.0 with 3.2 but could be wrong.

if you do plan on changing it, most audi dealers will take around £1000. for it.