Sky InsuranceBadger5
    Matty A4 TDi Sport

Status

Removing Crome Trim Around the windows

Hi, has removed the crome trim from arounf the window?

Best way to do this? is it just stuck over the top of standard parts?

regards matt
    Audi A4 B6 1.9 TDi Sport 180bhp In Dolphin Grey. Kei Force 10 Wheels. VDO Boost Gauge. JE-design, ABT + Vortex Body styling. HID's, AP coilover suspension, turbo back exhaust with twin exit pipes RS4 style The Stealth look is well under way and not far from compleat

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    hi matt iv not done it but there is a thread on here all about it and it is a very big job. you have to strip the top parts of the doors off
    the frame needs to come off so i dont think any one has done it. some one got a tape for it the othere day and thats posted up here or you can paint it both are much easyer than take in it off mate.

Neutral

Status
    Hey Matt,

is it cause you want to paint it?

Well if it is, my car was resprayed by the previous owner, good job on first glance, but now 2 years later, laquor (excuse the spelling) is beginning to peel away at the edges because they didnt take the chrome off and paint to the edge, I am assuming they just taped it which meant the laquor does not go under the chrome trim and therefore rain can get into it and cause it to flake....

So if it is to paint, then do take it off no matter how long it takes.. if not then please ignore...

6th Gear

Status
    hi dhillon884 sounds like your one was done but did not key it up and use undercoat all though evan that way may peel off after a few years.
    and then you would need to re spray it.

Matty A4 TDi Sport

Status
    Well i need to make it black! I originaly thought it was just stuck on..so heat gun but thats not the case i guess
    Audi A4 B6 1.9 TDi Sport 180bhp In Dolphin Grey. Kei Force 10 Wheels. VDO Boost Gauge. JE-design, ABT + Vortex Body styling. HID's, AP coilover suspension, turbo back exhaust with twin exit pipes RS4 style The Stealth look is well under way and not far from compleat

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Tapes the only way to do this imo - unless you remove them you'll only ever get half a spray job done.

If you're brave enough to try it good luck!

Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

6th Gear

Status
    far from it mate there is loads off pepole on here that have chrome and want black but to take it off is more than its worth well that
    seems to be how most see it any way lol. the tape maybe a good way to go it was on here just this week so just have a scroll down the main page id youll see it.

1st Gear

Status
    may be worth getting it wrapped in vinyl, would probably last better than paint on a tricky part.
    I need to remove one piece on a rear door as its dented. can you buy it individually, i actually like it.

Matty A4 TDi Sport

Status
    Urgh Why is nothing ever simple!

6th Gear

Status
    welcome to my world lol

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Just buy some shadowline trim tape or something and make it black, I seriously don't think it's that hard....
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.