CLUTCH

CMD

Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
My A4 190t need's a new clutch after only 44,000 mile's.

Now i don't use the car as my daily drive and have only covered 6,000 mile's in two year's. Can anyone give me some idea of cost for a new or upgraded clutch. I have been told it's between 4-5 hour job.

I had mine changed at 50k and I paid £325 supplied and fitted from an old Mr clutch center now known as Big Johns Leicester!
I also looked into uprated Clutch kits but I wasnt willing to pay the best of £700 then labour on top of that...

J7USS I remeber your post now, £325 all in is a very good price, did they also check the flywheel .

Has your A4 had the remap treatment .

clutches so soon, mines on 67k :( hope i wont need one as well.

Kinda puts me off the remap.

J7USS I remeber your post now, £325 all in is a very good price, did they also check the flywheel .

Has your A4 had the remap treatment .

Yes mate they checked the flywheel once apart and he rang to basically advise me that the flywheel wouldnt need changing at that time (...phhhheewwwwwwww) so I just went ahead with the clutch kit.
Yes mine was Map'd also.

Why dont they last? Is this just another Audi under design

This was the exact thing i was thinking. One of our forum member's said that the Quattro clutch will fit the fwd without any problem's is this true .

the clutch is the same whether its 4 or 2wd drive, it doesnt know the difference.lol

I would go custom flywheel and fit an OEM S4 clutch, parts will cost around £500 iirc but will handle the torque no problem and retain OEM feel

the clutch is the same whether its 4 or 2wd drive, it doesnt know the difference.lol

I would go custom flywheel and fit an OEM S4 clutch, parts will cost around £500 iirc but will handle the torque no problem and retain OEM feel

Mark are you sure the S4 B6 clutch will fit the 1.8t 190.

S4 B5 clutch onto a special flywheel designed to fit the 1.8t crank and allow fitment of the 240mm S4 clutch